The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
This year, for the first time in Virginia, you must present one of the following acceptable forms of photo identification when voting:
· Valid Virginia driver's license
· DMV-issued photo identification card
· Valid United States passport
· Valid employee photo identification card
· Other government-issued photo identification card
· Valid college or university student photo identification card (issuer must be an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
IDs with an expiration date must be current or not expired more than 12 months before the election.
If you do not have an acceptable form of identification please contact your local voter registration office for a free ID.
Visit the League of Women Voters of the United States' website at http://www.lwv.org.
Our State League's website address is http://www.lwv-va.org. Both will help you stay up-to-date with what is happening!
The Virginia Public Access Project, a neutral, non-partisan initiative, has up-to-date information on our elected officials and candidates, including information on contributions. Access this at http://www.vpap.org.
Want to see what is happening to bills in the General Assembly? Visit http://www.richmondsunlight.com.
Connect with fellow Leaguers and those interested in our mission on Facebook!! http://facebook.com/leagueofwomenvoters?v=wall.
Want to contact your U.S. Representative or Senator?